The aviation sector in India is still hugely unexplored, with enormous development potential.
The aviation industry includes practically all elements of air travel as well as supporting activities. It covers the airline sector, aircraft manufacturing, R&D firms, military aviation, and much more.
Reasons for Investing in Indian Aviation Industry
- According to IATA, India will replace China and the US as the world's 3rd largest air passenger market in the next ten years
- A 33% growth rate is predicted in the MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) Industry
- India has surpassed the United Kingdom to become the world's third-biggest domestic aviation market
- India plans to invest US$ 1.83 billion in airport infrastructure as well as aviation navigation services
- Indian government allows up to 49% FDI in automatic route.
- A 15% increase in capacity of domestic flights announced by the Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
- Eight new flying academies are under construction to train aspiring Indian commercial pilots
- The government is planning to start 14 more water aerodromes across the country.
Industry Growth Factors
- Demand boost driven by growing middle-class population
- Increased private sector participation through the Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
- Removal of customs duty for aviation components, including engines, as per the new Union budget
- Need for an increase in the number of airports to accommodate the growing aviation traffic
- Indian government's Krishi UDAN scheme to assist farmers in transporting perishable agro products
- Lifeline UDAN government scheme to transport essential medical cargo to remote locations
- Growing focus on Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) blends, biometric boarding systems, and water aerodrome projects
TIGS brings out the best solutions to assist your business in finding the right way forward to penetrate the Indian market. We are a one-stop solution to make the right trade and investment decisions in India as per your business needs.
To get more information about this industry, let's connect!